Write a review
- 150ml warm milk
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 500g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil +a little extra oil
- 150ml plain yoghurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Put the milk in the bowl.Add 1 teaspoon of the sugar and yeast. Stir to mix. Set aside for 15~20 minutes.
- Sift the plain flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar, the yeast mixture, the 2 tablespoons olive oil, the yoghurt, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the egg. Mix and form a ball of dough.
- Put the dough on to a clean work surface and knead it for 10 minutes or more until it is smooth. Form into a ball. Pour about 1 teaspoon oil into a large bowl and roll the ball of dough in it. Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel and set aside in warm place for 1~3 hours or until the dough has doubles in size.
- Get your oven ready to the highest temperature. (inside oven will be white.)
- Punch down the dough and knead it again for 1 minute. Divide into 5~7 balls. Roll this ball into a tear shaped naan. Use rolling pin. Makes naan about 2~3mm thick.
- Cook naan direct on to brick for about 20~50 seconds on both side. (Depending on the temperature.)
- Serve with your favourite Indian Curry.
Fraser Coast Wood Fired Ovens https://frasercoastwoodfiredovens.com.au/